Monday 21 April 2008

Dain Ti Hill - upmarket Char Chan Teng

Rush down from one hill to go to another Hill. Jaded and I went to Cameron Highlands for the weekend last Friday. And I have agreed to have dinner with Cable Guy on Saturday, the day we return from Camerons.

We are to have dinner in Pavillion. I thought I should be able to make it to KL by 7.30pm. By the time I was ready it was 9.0pm. Luckily according to Cable Guy last order is at 10.00pm.

When we reached Pavillion, we took the lift right up to 6th Floor and there I saw Dain Ti Hill

It looked impressive alright, and my first thought upmarket Char Chan Teng

The waiter showed us to a seat just at the entrance. Looked through the menu and Cable Guy pointed out what he has eaten before. Told him he might as well order.








He ordered the Grape fruit Chicken salad since he has tried their signature Dragon Fruit Salad. Bad choice. There were about only 5 pieces of chicken and lots of grape fruit which was very bitter! We ate the chicken and left much of the grape fruit and honey dew untouched.




This is the Fried Sotong....it was rather tough.



At Rm28.00 I though the Skewered Prawns is over priced. There were only 6 prawns with some strands of vegetables. It was quite tasty though.



We also ordered the Baked Escargots. Could hardly taste the escargot because its already shelled!


When the waitress came to ask if we have any last order, we ordered this spring roll like dish. It is actually pork seaweed roll with papaya, tomato and a slice of avocado in it. Without the tomato paste the rolls are quite bland!


Cable Guy ordered a pumpkin soup for himself. I had a try and thought it was quite tasty. Sorry no photo.


Both of us ordered the Calamansari Fragrant Tea. Initially I thought the straw caused the plasticy taste.. then on second thoughts I think its the fragrance of the tea. Nothing special about the drink.

They serve sushi rolls too, very large ones which Cable Guy says we wont be able to finish. Anyway I didnt find the food very tasty and I felt the price was upmarket too. We paid RM134.00.

Lot 6.01.05, 6th Floor,
Pavilion KL,168,
Jalan Bukit Bintang,
Kuala Lumpur.
03-2145 6628

No comments: