Wednesday 20 June 2007

Da List

Ok, here is Jaded's choice of must tries. (In no particular order of preference)

1. Niji Teppan Sushi
45G, Jalan 1/6D, Medan Putra Business Centre, Bandar Menjalara

If you want to eat a decent Jap meal without busting your budget, this is a good place to try. I love their Salmon skin maki and the cripsy fried softshell crab. The sashimi is also good value for money, RM19.90 for 6 pieces of fresh thick salmon cuts that just glides down your throat.Don't take my word for it, read other people's review of the place
http://www.shaolintiger.com/category/foodeating/page/4/

2. Checkers
19, Lorong Setia Bistari 2,Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala LumpurTel: +603-2095 3304 Operating Hours: 6pm ~ 10pm, close on Monday

Tucked in between a row of shophouses in the quiet and affluent neighbourhood of Bukit Damansara, is this real gem of a restaurant if you want a hearty carnivorous meal. They serve generous hunks of pork, beef, lamb or whatever is your order. Vegeterians and dieters, forget about going there. The meat is well marinated and flavourful served with mash and gravy and various condiments and sauces to enhance the meat. I've tried various dishes courtesy of my fellow diners and my fav is still Porky's Best. Best ever pork ribs this side of town. For RM39++ you get 2 huge slabs of pork ribs, corn on cob, salad and mash. Forget about going to Tony Romas at Sunway Pyramid. Beef ribs? Bleh! Oh, and remember to call them up to make reservations. Otherwise, you can forget about dining there.
http://pasankia.blogspot.com/2006/04/checkers-bukit-damansara.html

3. Mizu
L6, First Floor, Bangsar Village I, Jalan Telawi Satu, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. Tel No: 03 - 2283 6988

Walk on water here! Ok, I am not refering to their food but their deco. A glass pane walkway over water leads into the dark interior of the restaurant. I had the lunch set there, my recollection is hazy at best but overall impression is good food for a reasonable price. Lunch came up to RM30++ per person. Not bad. Will try it again and be more specific in my comments.
Here is what masak masak has to say about Mizu
http://masak-masak.blogspot.com/2007/05/japanese-food-mizu-bangsar-village.html

Here's the AnnG's list.
Mine generally is "i wanna try list" (also in no order of particular perference).

1) Champs
Centre point
What caught my eyes after the Japanese buffet at Momo was Champs banner. The exact words were "Baby Pork Ribs" and I told Jaded we must try this place. I hope it wont disappoint us. When I read "Pork Ribs" i imagine succulent juicy pork ribs ala Tony Romas maybe???

2) Korean BBQ
One Ampang
Actually I dont know the name of the shop but there are many Korean BBQ restaurants at One Ampang area. Both Jaded and I wanna eat Korean BBQ, so the best place is to go to the hub.... at One Ampang. There are Korean mini market here, Korean pubs, Korean "Western Food'?!! .....except I havent seen any handsome Korean men at One Ampang ..... And this Korean BBQ opens until late at night. The last time I went there at 10.00pm the kitchen is still not closed.

3) Red the Japanese place
Jalan Kasah, Medan Damansara
Read once somewhere, that this place serves modern, fusion Japanese food. Food is on the steep side I think. Well this place we will go when we wanna give ourselves a treat. Maybe when we have slimmed down......that would give us long enough time to save up some ringgits!!!

No comments: